Saturday, February 21, 2009

RANT

It's snowing. Again. They say we're only expecting an inch. That's enough. A large black bird, probably a crow, keeps flying past my window. I think I hear it landing on the roof and taking off again, but that's probably crazy. A couple of days ago, one of the days that it was 50 degrees and beautiful, I saw a cat perching on the rocks surrounding the drainage ditch behind my building. I stared for a long time, amazed at how much the rock looked like a cat. Also, I've been worried about my eyes lately, finding that I squint more. Maybe I need glasses. So I didn't really believe it was a cat, but then it moved. It had been staring back at me as long as I had been staring at it. I haven't seen a feral cat since Waco.
Today, when I left my apartment for the gym, it was 40 and clear. Leaving the gym, the wind was blowing snow into my eyes. I walked with my head down to my car. I wanted to run, because the wind was cold and strong, but the ground was slick with snow and icing (no one seems to bother to salt the walks and streets anymore past a certain point in the winter. I think we all start pretending it is spring far too soon. For example, The Limited has had strapless spring dresses and floral cardigans since mid-January.) and I couldn't do more than shuffle quickly toward my dirty car. This is one of my biggest problems with winter. At the time when I want to move the quickest, I am hindered and most at risk for injury.
Anyway, the snow is still falling, and I am going to make tomato soup and start my homework for the upcoming week. It's Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment